What if you don’t join the Coalition?


Irrigated lands can be covered under an individual discharge permit. The fees charged by the State Water Resources Control Board for individual coverage are significantly more than the fees charged to coalitions. Also, the individual will be expected to implement the monitoring and reporting requirements of the permit. Currently, these fees are expected to be $750 per farm plus $5.00 per acre per year, payable directly to the Regional Board. Laboratory monitoring costs, potential installation of monitoring wells, and other regulatory requirements will only add to this cost.

Failure to participate in the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program, either as a member of a coalition or as an individual will subject the landowner to administrative penalties by the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board under California Water Code section 13267.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search