7:45 AM REGISTRATION
8:00 AM PRESENTATIONS
- NRCS: Nutrient Management, Air Quality and Do-it-yourself Distribution Uniformity
- Xerces: Hedgerows/cover crops and habitats.
- UCCE Orchard Advisor: How to: fill out a nitrogen budget, determine how much your trees need, and timing of nitrogen applications
- UCCE Viticulture Advisor: Technologies used to determine when to start yearly irrigation, calculation of added water and basics for when/how to collect nutrient samples for vineyards.
- Center for Irrigation Technology: Good irrigation system performance overview and managing water applied.
*3.25 Grower CEU available
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Valley Water Quality Coalitions are offering training sessions for growers who want to certify their own Nitrogen Management Plans (NMP) for properties located in High Vulnerability areas. The training sessions are put on by Certified Crop Advisors (CCAs) who have completed a curriculum training approved by the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) and University of California.
These courses are specifically for growers who want to receive training and certification for self-certifying (sign-off on) their own Nitrogen Management Plan (NMP). However, if you already passed the course and want CE units for attending the course again, you can attend the 4 hour training and receive 1 hour of continuing education credits toward maintaining your certification. You must be present for all 4 hours to receive one hour/unit (however, no need to re-take the test). These and other courses to accumulate hours are listed on the continuing education page along with an email sign-up form to be notified when new courses are added to the list.
The grower trainings are 4-hour classes and participants will need to take a test before they can sign off on their own NMP