7:45 AM REGISTRATION
8:00 AM PRESENTATIONS
- NRCS: Nutrient Management, Air Quality and Do-it-yourself Distribution Uniformity
- Xerces: Hedgerows/cover crops and habitats.
- UCCE Orchard Advisor: How to: fill out a nitrogen budget, determine how much your trees need, and timing of nitrogen applications
- UCCE Viticulture Advisor: Technologies used to determine when to start yearly irrigation, calculation of added water and basics for when/how to collect nutrient samples for vineyards.
- Center for Irrigation Technology: Good irrigation system performance overview and managing water applied.
*3.25 Grower CEU available
RSVP to email@example.com
One Day, Two Locations! For more information visit: http://www.vineyardteam.org/events/index.php?id=225
2.0 CCA CEUs Approved (1.0 Soil & Water, 1.0 Nutrient management)
Cal Poly Healthy Soils Project 9:00am
The focus of the workshop will be on compost application in vineyards, but growers of any vine or tree crop are invited to attend. Presenters will discuss compost use from a variety of perspectives, and showcase the types of soil monitoring taking place at J. Lohr Vineyard as part of the three-year project. Growers interested in applying for their own Healthy Soils Program grant will be provided information about the application process for the incentives program.
Upper Salinas-Las Tablas Resource Conservation District Healthy Soils Project 12:00pm
The USLTRCD will be presenting on different cover cropping and management decisions as well as demonstrating how a soil sample is taken. The discussion will also focus on the benefit of soil sampling and how PLFA testing may allow for a clearer understanding of the microbial communities that are the life of the soils we all need.